Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The Laughlin Quin case study

For many of you that have the great pleasure of finding this information because you find all sorts of wild references on any genealogy website... You have found the source of all the different family trees.  This is my genetic line.

I used this, or my own DNA to hopefully answer the opening question.  That was 2007.  Do I know where the family is now?  Yes, in Ireland and in North Carolina.  In fact, I am also in NC although I have not approached the elder line of Quinns because I wanted to have all my ducks in a row, not go off half cocked with questions asked where I have no real answer.

The reason you find Laughlin Quin brought forth from a historic perspective, is that this name is very unique.  Almost as unique as his DNA.  From Kings of Ireland to Outlawed Confederates by non-Catholics I have the answers you have been looking for.  The question is to know how long it is going to take to get the information online in some form?

As a side bar, I was the FTDNA Surname Administrator for the Quinn Surname Project.  I had to let that go in 2014 as it was not very useful data and the folks in other groups are not really genetic genealogists, they are more the traditional analyst disguised as such.

Don't worry, I will try and show the origins of the surname in a genetic format and the subsequent branches of those that are related to Quinn, but not to Niall of the Nine Hostages, Art mac Cuinn and Conn himself.

AQ1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.